Sunday, August 17, 2008

techniques.

do you have a favorite one?
something you have been wanting to
try--but it intimidates you?
something you do on almost every single layout?
tell us what your favorite technique is.
tell us something you would like to try.
myself, i used to be a HUGE inker.
nothing was safe from the inkpad.
but then i finally started handsticthing,
i resisted it for so long, im a lazy scrapper
and handstitching is so time consuming.
but it looks awesome when you are done,
i tend to do it while watching tv--then it
seems to go by quickly. if you are stuck on
a page, try pulling out the needle and thread
you will be amazed at what a few little stitches
can do for your design! here are a few i have done!










































































9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Beautiful layouts! Thanks for the handstitchig tips :-)

Anonymous said...

I really like to mat my pictures, especially the 4x6 ones. I don't do it all the time, but more often than not because it really makes the picture look better and helps my page look more complete.

Sharie said...

What lovely layouts. I really need to try stitching more. I like to use my x-acto knife and little scissors to cut out things to pop them or around shapes to frame pictures. I use my punches alot lately, too.

mborrero said...

love these layouts

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciating
my blog
I design for Color Me Daisy
Haute Artist Instructor

Anonymous said...

Love your stitch work here - I need to try that more too. I am totally addicted to outlining with pens at the moment.

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love the stitching - I really need to do more. I can't get away from inking and pen stitching lately

Trish said...

Janelle! I noticed your stitching on your layouts and I'm glad you shared the examples in one post to show the different possibilities--too cute! Lately I've been doing a lot of cutwork in my layouts--using simple patterned paper and a pair of scissors or exacto knife. I have to say, you're inspiring me to do more of the needle and thread thing though!!

Jana Eubank said...

These are such gorgeous examples, Janelle! I love stitching, too! Lately, I can't get enough of distressing the edges with a paper scraper and buttons! :D