In the bottom of a dish, mix and serve the following:
Thin layer of olive oil
salt & pepper
*Dip with Italian bread, cut in half
1 1/2 cups thousand island dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon minced onion
6 slices dark rye bread, cubed
6 slices light rye bread, cubed
1 pound sauerkraut, drained
1 1/2 pounds corn beef, cut into bite-size pieces
2 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a bowl, mix the thousand island dressing, sour cream, and onion.
3. Arrange the dark and light rye bread cubes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, reserving about 1/2 cup each for topping. Layer the bread with sauerkraut and corned beef. Spread the dressing mixture over the corned beef. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese, top with remaining bread cubes, and drizzle with margarine.
4. Cover, and bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Iced Cinnamon chip cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup shortening
1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
•2 (12 ounce) packages oyster crackers
•1 cup vegetable oil
•1 1/2 tablespoons dry Ranch-style dressing mix
•1 teaspoon lemon pepper
•1 teaspoon dried dill weed
•1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1.In a large bowl, toss together the crackers and oil until completely coated. Add dressing mix, lemon pepper, dill and salt and toss until evenly covered. Store in a zip lock bag or other air tight container.
2.Make a lot, because they're addictive. Enjoy!
*Recipe courtesy of my cousin, Amber, who graciously made this for us. And it was DELISH...
Get a pot and fill it full of water and put it on the stove. Add one small container of Old Bay Seasoning and let the water come to a boil. Put in some potatoes (I use the small, red potatoes) and let them boil for about twenty minutes or so until they are about half done. Put in some onion if you want. I quarter three or four sweet Vidalia onions. Mmmmm. Wait about ten minutes and put in some Kielbasa. If I'm serving a house full, I cut up about three packs of Johnsonville Kielbasa. Wait about ten more minutes and put in some corn on the cob. Go, Green Giant!!!! Wait about ten more minutes and put in some shrimp, the bigger the better! Let that boil three minutes until the shrimp is pink and remove from the heat and drain. Spread news paper on your table and dump the food on there. Since I'm not wild about newsprint on my food, I put paper towels over the news paper. Get you a cold beer and eat and eat and eat!
Warm Toasted Marshmallow S'more Bars1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.) Cool 10 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano
1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapenos (pickled)
2 jalapeno peppers (chopped, optional)
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmigiano reggiano and jalapenos in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle over the dip.
3. Bake in a 375F oven until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.