Just wanted to answer a few of the questions I've been getting from some of the emails and such...The reindeer food pictured in the December Project kit simply consists of oatmeal and some glitter. My kids like to spread it out on the lawn on Christmas Eve because they believe it entices the reindeer to stop.
My "To Do" list is on a clipboard from Melissa Frances. And yes, it is displayed in my kitchen!
Janie in WI asked if I made dinner every night. Heck no! I do like to use my Sunday evenings to make a few dinners for the week, and then just freeze them and use when needed. This week I did spaghetti and chili, for example. Frees up a lot of my afternoons. I also am a fan of doubling a recipe and freezing leftovers as well. I couldn't live without a freezer!
Do I make my own Christmas cards? Well, sort of. A few years back, I realized uploading a picture to Costco was way easier. For about 80% of my card list, I go with that simple format. I just address the envelopes and they're good to go. For the other 20% who truly appreciate the work and time it takes to make handmade cards, I go through the effort. And while the photo shoot this year was a riot, I do like how the handmade ones turned out.
And Beth asked if I had any baking tips. Umm...I always use a Silpat or parchment paper. Always. And I freeze cookies after they cool off. Always. If you try it, you'll taste how much fresher they are when it's time to eat them--I promise.
And because I have super-talented friends who love to share, this lovely recipe is from my gal pal Sandra. Now, Sandra is from Columbia, and the woman can cook. She makes a mean salsa (will post that someday.) These gems are delish, and I'm sure she won't mind me sharing...Thanks Sandra!
2 C. all purpose flour
½ c sifted powdered sugar
1 c butter or margarine
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 package almond brickle chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Combine flour & sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mix resembles coarse meal. Press firmly into a greased 13 x 9 pan, and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Combine condensed milk, egg, and vanilla and stir well. Stir in brickle chips and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until golden. Let cool, and cut into squares.
Okay guys...more later! Enjoy your day!