Friday, December 7, 2007

Something to tide you over...

Run, don't walk, to get this stuff...I'm not a big fan of peppermint, and I still loved this stuff. Better yet, why not make a cool drink with it using milk, ginger ale and a candy cane? (Forgive the poor lighting in the photo--we had a rule in the house tonight that we could only use the lights from the Christmas trees or the light in the frig!)

Yesterday while my son was at a friend's house, I started this:
It took 21 sheets of paper (I cut the paper in half to make it 6 x 12), rolled it up, and then hot glued them on a wooden base I bought at Michael's. I got the idea from my friend Jen again--who saw it on Tara Whitney's blog (who was showing Rhonna Farrar's creation that is quite simply amazing!). So we got inspired...
I'm looking for the perfect ribbon and a tag to go on the inside, but you get the idea...

I love how it turned out! Try one, using your scrap papers and the colors in which you decorate your home. Easily an afternoon project...
And I couldn't go without sharing this delish recipe. It came from my friend, Val...and she's right, it was easy and yummy!

Pepperoni Bread

Ingredients:
Frozen Bread Dough
Egg
Pepperoni Slices
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Italian Spices

Set the oven to 375. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. (I just sprayed Pam.)

Roll frozen bread dough out into a rectangle. Brush dough with beaten egg. Arrange pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over the dough. Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning. Roll up dough like a jelly roll and pinch seam to seal; place, seam side down, on prepared baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden.
When serving we dip slices into heated spaghetti sauce. YUM! And serve with nice, fresh salad!

Be back later in the day tomorrow with pics of the January Add-on and Project kit!

Later!

6 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

We just went to a Christmas dinner party last night where they served peppermint ice cream with chocolate sauce and thin, crispy gingerbread cookies on the side. It was DELICIOUS! And now I'm craving more! I'm gonna have to get me some of this Pierre's! :)
Love the project, I'm gonna have to try it! I love reading your blog! It's always so inspirational. THANKS!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

LOVE it!! I'm gonna have to give that paper wreath a try :)

Molly said...

I am going to have to find some of this ice cream! YUM! And I will have to try that project as well! I have so much paper...lol!

cindyMN said...

Ok. NOT getting the paper rolled up craft?? what is it that you do with it? It looks like you hang it on the wall? but wouldnt that look totally weird?
just wondering!!!
thanks

Valerie said...

Totally love the paper wreath, Trish! I made mine today and it rawks!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Everyone is ooohing and ahhhhing!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Trish, you are just chock-full of ideas and inspiration - not to mention good culinary tips! Thanks for sharing the goodness. That wreath idea is awesome :-)

P.S. I'm having loads of FUN with the Dec kit!