Saturday, April 19, 2008

Been busy...

Next to packing and shipping WIP kits, I've been busy planning a big party for my daughter's First Communion. Luckily, I have 3 other friends who are also planning big parties in the next few months...so we've merged forced in the decorating arena to help one another out. No one will know--we're all inviting different guests except each other!I used my 50% coupon at Michael's this week to get the above paper stars. It doesn't look like it, but one package took me nearly 2 hours to complete! I got two, and they're ready to be hung.

One friend had this job. Thank God she's good at details:

These flowers are two of dozens and dozens and dozens of flowers. Her event is today, and I can't wait to use these in huge arrangements on the tables as centerpieces! They are also Martha Stewart's, but she bought tissue paper in bulk and did her own. Not too shabby, huh? Good luck with your party, Margaret!

More on decorating ideas in the near future...

I also wanted to post this tip for the folks who took any one of the Grade School Album classes. Some of you mentioned the interest in including memorabilia in the book. I found these at Archiver's this past week, and they are perfect for just that. There are three in one package, and it cost under $5.00. I tend to photograph a lot of my children's artwork, but for the pieces you can't bear to discard, this should do well...
Oh, and the WIP May Add-on kit is officially SOLD OUT.

Enjoy this weekend!

3 comments:

pickmepam said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to share like that. Those flowers are AWESOME!!
Good luck with all the parties!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Beautiful decorations and that memorabilia pocket is a great idea :-)

It was oh-so-fun talking to you last night! So glad I finally got to chat with you a little bit. Can't wait to meet you... HUGS!!!!!!