Ok, so on the title, I used three different types of chipboard letters, Making Memories, Heidi Swapp and Basic Grey. I didn't do a thing to the Making Memories letters, they were the exact color I wanted. But the Heidi Swapp letters were a stark white. That didn't go so well with my layout. And, of course, I didn't have a caramel ink color at home, and it's past midnight (and on the island of Oahu, there isn't really a 24 hour craft store, heck, our Wal Marts arent even 24 hours here), so what's a girl to do? Well, after searching for over 30 minutes, just in case I did have the right color (and still didn't), I decided to mix two colors. I had a very juicy ink pad from Clearsnap in alabaster and a regular brown, and just mixed to give it a more caramel look. Then, I used a Stamped in Ink clear stamp (I believe it is journaling lines) and stamped over the letters, to make them appear a little bit more like the Making Memories chipboard letters. For the Basic Grey letters, I colored them with a Clearsnap black ink pad...so at least that one was easy. ;)
And away we go to the faux stitching AND how I added a bit more texture to the black and white paper from Teresa Collins (which is in the kit).
So, the faux stitching first. This is pretty easy. I drew a white line and then poked holes. Seriously, that was all. Told ya, it was easy. Also, you can see how I distressed the patterened paper. I first ink (with black on this layout), then sand, then use my edge distresser. On the cardstock, I just use the edge distresser.
And here is the added little extra texture I added to the black and white grid paper from Teresa Collins.
So, this layout had been 'done' for about a day, or so, but I felt like it was still missing something. It just seemed to plain. I had gotten this roll of American Crafts black velvet ric rac at the stamp store the other day, and had been playing with it somewhere else on the layout (which was later ripped up), and put it down on the patterened paper, and bam, it hit me, just put it on there and it may add that little extra bam. And, wouldn't you know it, it did. :) I just used mini glue dots to lay the ric rac down, and cut it to fit. :)