These are Anilu Magloire's last layouts on our design team, and we will miss her madly. These are from the July WIP kit, and I waited to post them so I could announce her departure...
Anilu lives in Miami and resigned to spend more time with family. She has always been a great supporter and friend, and even though she is only an email away, I will miss her layouts every month! Thank you so much for holding out for as long as you could, Anilu. Best of luck to you and your family!! You know you are always welcome back as a guest designer anytime. My door is open to you! And if you are still interested in her jewelry (I know many of you out there own an Anilu Original), her link is still over to the right...
I'd also like to publicly apologize for not announcing the departure of Nicole Eshelman a few months ago. She too resigned due to family obligations, and left on great terms. I still love her work and check in to see her gallery over at SIS, and I miss her as well. No scandals--no drama--I just wanted to be sure nothing was being taken out of context. Maybe she too will come back for a guest DT stint in the future...
So this brings me to the topic of design teams. Our current team is nearing the end of their contract, and I was planning a DT call anyway, so here are the details...
Work in Progress Design Team Call!!
Work in Progress Kits is a monthly scrapbooking kit club and we are looking for at least 2 new designers for our team. We are looking for designers that can create pages using not only traditionally not-matching kits, but also projects and altered items as well. Are you that person who can think outside the box? We will be taking submissions from now until Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 and the winners will be announced Monday, July 7, 2008.
As our designer, you will be asked to:
- Provide quality scans/photographs of 4-5 projects a month using (but not limited to) our kit. The work has to include a title, journaling, and not just single photo layouts—I’m looking for a variety of work that showcases your style.
- Provide tips along with detail shots of the projects for our website & blog.
- I feel strongly that the WIP blog represents not only the kits, but me personally. That being said, I expect the design team member to post twice monthly on scrapbooking techniques or layouts (in addition to the ones they submit monthly). I do not –nor will I ever--require any participation on any Work in Progress message board and want to keep it sweet and simple without designers feeling obligated to participate and talk about unrelated stuff.
- Help promote Work in Progress Kits on other message boards.
- Design for Work in Progress on a 6-month term, beginning on July 7th, 2008 (with the August kit.)
- Provide a link to WIP kits and the WIP blog on your blog.
All projects made with the kit are yours to keep, and when used in the newsletter or on the website, you will be given full credit. As our designer, you can also submit your own work for publication after 1 month of debut of the kit, as long as you give Work in Progress Kits proper credit. Your compensation will be a free monthly kit along with no shipping charge!
To apply, please email Trish at Turay413@gmail.com the following::
- 3 recent layouts (12 x 12, 8 1/2 x 11, doesn’t matter). I have to be really honest here—I am looking for not only detailed work, but work that is also heartfelt. Titles and journaling should exist. Really tell me who you are through your work. Please submit pages that don’t all contain one photograph—I’d like to see a variety in your presentation. Please only submit your original work!
- An altered item you created & designed
- A card you created & designed
- A mini book you created & designed
- Link to your online gallery, blog (a blog is a requirement to be on our team) and scrapbook resume. Please also list what current design teams you are on, along with any other commitments you may have.
- Your full contact information: name, address, phone number, email address.
- A short paragraph or two of why you want to be one of our designers. Describe your style, who and what inspires you, and your passions outside of your family and this hobby.
- Being a current customer is always a bonus, but not a requirement to apply.
- If there are any other reasons I should consider you as a DT member, please list them! If you do sketches, have a certain talent for cards, belong to 12 message boards, design original stamps, sing your own praises!! I won’t know unless you tell me, so stick your neck out and brag about your strengths and hidden talents.
- Being published doesn’t really hold any weight with my decision. This isn’t to offend anyone who has been or will be pubbed—it is simply to encourage those of you out there who think they’re not good enough to indeed apply. I go with my gut, and I know what I’m looking for, so don’t be discouraged.
** When sending us your projects, please send us your best work. This can be posted online; we just want to see your best stuff! (File size not exceeding more than 200kb, please!)
I will be looking for at least 2 designers, possibly more at this time, for a 6 month term. I really look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!! It is an exciting time...
I'm gearing up for a HUGE garage sale in our community next week. For you locals, I will be doing the preview night on Wednesday, along with the garage sale on Thursday and Friday. I have a TON of stuff that is scrapbook and stamping related, so be sure to stop by and check it out if you are available. Every year the turnout gets better and better, and I look forward to visiting with the repeat buyers from years past. Email me at Turay413@gmail.com if you need directions or more info.
Don't forget to sign up for the WIP flickr group by Friday for the chance to win the RAK. I'll announce the winner on Saturday's post.
And last but certainly not least, thank you for all the heartfelt comments regarding yesterday's blog post. I'm with kindred spirits out there--I feel you! And for the record, Val's pond and fountain is what pushed Chris and me to take the plunge and put one in our yard--so I owe her for that...
Enjoy your Thursday everyone!