Thursday, October 2, 2008

Modern Day Time Capsule

I've never been lucky enough to be involved with any kind of time capsule project, so when I saw a post about a photo time capsule from Photojojo I was intrigued. The idea is to have photos from your past (a year ago) e-mailed to you. You will need to have a flickr account for it to work, since Photojojo is doing this in conjunction with flickr. Once you sign up, you will be sent an e-mail twice a month with a selection of your photos from a year before.

What does this have to do with scrapbooking you ask? Well my plan is to use these blasts from the pasts to do a mini-album. I figure I might be really surprised at whatever photos turn up and that they will remind me of events and even special moments I might have forgotten. And this way I will actually scrap some photos I might never have scrapped otherwise! I just signed up so I won't get my first e-mail until the 15th, so look out for another post from me around that time with the first pages of my time capsule mini-album.

If you have a flickr account, do consider signing up as well, we can do this together! And I also highly recommend signing up for the Photojojo newsletter. It always comes full of neat ideas like this one, or tips on how to take better photos, as well as how make better use of all those photos we are always taking!

No comments: