Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let Your Scraps Speak to You

Jana here! One of the fun parts of working with a kit is to challenge yourself to use every last little piece of it that you can. You can make cards, tags, or use punches to make layered handmade embellishments. I decided to make another layout with the few scraps I had left from my November kit; a long strip of the Basic Grey Granola Natural paper and 2 smaller pieces of the Sunflower and Crunchy papers. I LOVE the *wild* feel to these papers and decided to look for pictures that would go along with that theme. When I came across these pictures of my kids playing in the fall leaves, the title jumped into my mind and my page was born. :D

I stacked the photos on top of each other anchored on the wide strip of the Natural paper. Next I handcut the designs from the Sunflower and Crunchy to use as accents peeking out from behind the photo strip. From there the page just came together. It didn't take me very long, because I decided to go with the flow. A quick title is easy when you leave chipboard in it's natural, bare state. A few more touches and a quick journal block and you are finished.




Wah-lah! :D
Have a great week!
Jana

4 comments:

Tara said...

Gorgeous! You did that with scraps? Must try. Something wonderful might happen!

Trish said...

Jana--you ALWAYS inspire me!! Thanks for the layout today--it is adorable!!

Jewel said...

Beautiful layout!

jamie said...

i always love your posts, jana...thanks yet again...