Thursday, January 22, 2009
Things I've learned the past few days...
1. Mother/Daughter trips are priceless. I love being her mom.
2. Driving in the middle of the turnpike is allowed if it isn't plowed.
3. Hand and foot warmers are the best invention in the world.
4. Everyone should own a Garmin. Seriously. You need one.
5. Washington D.C. is truly one of my favorite places on the planet. I could live there.
6. Patriotism, civility, kindness and compassion were all action verbs on the mall during the whole Inauguration. I witnessed an excitement that was palpable, and it isn't something I'll ever forget.
7. Starbucks really does lace those drinks with something.
8. Hearing Bruce Springsteen live is a religious experience. I'm so glad this song has a "new" meaning for me. I cried when I heard it. That choir put me over the top.
9. My husband is a saint. (Okay, I knew that but needed to re-state it.)
10. Your kids grow up faster if you leave for 4 days.
11. Hanging out with my sister, my niece, my cousin and her fiancee was time well spent, and I wish I stopped to spend more time like this with my family. So glad to have shared this experience with them.
12. Goldfish are resilient and withstand a lot. Not sure we're ready for other pets.
13. Crossing something off your bucket list is pretty damn cool.
14. I may never catch up with all my emails, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Thanks for your kind words and well wishes on the trip. I will post more pics when I get a moment to catch up here. Have a wonderful day friends!
Posted by Trish at 12:18 AM