Monday, May 4, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

"If you can read this, thank a teacher!" --unknown
Teachers have a special place in my heart. I taught special education for 13 years right up until I had our third child 3 years ago, in fact. There really is something to be said about shaping another person's life. I miss it a great deal...
Our two school-aged children have really awesome teachers, and I enjoy helping out in their classrooms when I can. This week, I plan on spoiling them in small but meaningful ways. I made several sets of these photo cards and simply tied them up and added some lilacs like so...
I'll be sure to share a few of the other treat ideas soon. For some great inspo, this one doesn't disappoint...Skip to my Lou is one of my favorite blog stops. This post on Teacher Appreciation Gifts blew my mind. Be sure to check it out and show your favorite teacher some love this week.

To all you teachers out there--thank you for doing what you do!!

...and the winner of the NSD Kit is...

Lavimom said...

I'm in the process of "beautifying" our front deck with potted plants. My first time trying out my "green thumb."

Congratulations! Please email Trish your address at Turay413@gmail.com.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Trish, thanks for the teacher appreciation idea and links! I am in a bit of a panic about what to do as I was sick last week and haven't done a thing yet! Our parent group does something each day for the teachers but I like to have my kids bring in little gifts too.

pickmepam said...

hey trish!
i have been so busy at work and home that i hardly have time to check your blog! ugh! i can't believe all the great stuff i have been missing!

jamie said...

trish...your cards are wonderful...great idea!!!
and congrats to the nsd winner!!!wahoo!!! nothin' like free stuff to make your day!!!!!