I'm tickled to announce that Work in Progress Kits is doing another Design Team Call!!
Work in Progress Design Team Call!!
As our designer, you will be asked to:
- Provide quality scans/photographs of 4-5 projects a month using (but not limited to) our kit. The work has to include a title, journaling, and not just single photo layouts—I’m looking for a variety of work that showcases your style.
- Provide tips along with detail shots of projects for our website & blog.
- I feel strongly that the WIP blog represents not only the kits, but me personally. That being said, I expect the design team member to post twice monthly on scrapbooking techniques, projects or layouts (in addition to the ones they submit monthly).
- Help promote Work in Progress Kits on other message boards and facebook.
- Design for Work in Progress on a 6-month term, beginning on August 3, 2009 (with the September kit) and ending with the February, 2010 kit.)
- Provide a link to WIP kits and the WIP blog on your blog and/or facebook account.
All projects made with the DT kit are yours to keep, and when used in the newsletter or on the website, you will be given full credit. As our designer, you can also submit your own work for publication after 1 month of debut of the kit, as long as you give Work in Progress Kits proper credit. Your compensation will be a free monthly kit along with no shipping charge!
To apply, please email Trish at Turay413@gmail.com the following::
- 3 recent layouts (12 x 12, 8 1/2 x 11, doesn’t matter). I have to be really honest here—I am looking for not only detailed work, but work that is also heartfelt. Titles and journaling should exist. Really tell me who you are through your work. Please submit pages that don’t all contain one photograph—I’d like to see a variety in your presentation. Please only submit your original work!
- An altered item you created & designed
- A card you created & designed
- A mini book you created & designed
- Link to your online gallery, blog (a blog is a requirement to be on our team) and scrapbook resume. Please also list what current design teams you are on, along with any other commitments you may have.
- Your full contact information: name, address, phone number, email address.
- A short paragraph or two of why you want to be one of our designers. Describe your style, who and what inspires you, and your passions outside of your family and this hobby.
- Being a current customer is always a bonus, but not a requirement to apply.
- If there are any other reasons I should consider you as a DT member, please list them! If you do sketches, have a certain talent for cards, belong to 12 message boards, design original stamps, sing your own praises!! I won’t know unless you tell me, so stick your neck out and brag about your strengths and hidden talents.
- Being published doesn’t really hold any weight with my decision. This isn’t to offend anyone who has been or will be pubbed—it is simply to encourage those of you out there who think they’re not good enough to indeed apply. I go with my gut, and I know what I’m looking for, so don’t be discouraged.
** When sending us your projects, please send us your best work. This can be posted online; we just want to see your best stuff! (File size not exceeding more than 200kb, please!)I will be looking for at least 2 designers, possibly more at this time, for a 6 month term. I am also looking for monthly guest designers to line up for the coming year. I really look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!! It is an exciting time...
Let the submissions begin!! Good luck to you all!!