Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Using Shapes

hmmm maybe I should have thought of a better title? well you will see what I mean in a minute.

First just a quick hello - this is my first time posting on the WIP blog and I am so exciting - lots of inspiration here! So I hope I can try to inspire you as well! (on with my post)


I know we all are inspired by the photos we take when making a layout. Sometimes I am inspired to bring in the "theme" a bit more. For example...

This layout with circles that help to represent the bubbles that she is blowing.


Or this one with all of the stitching -- it is a layout about the first dress that I made for my daughter - so I naturally sewed on the layout to continue the theme.

And swim -- well that was an easy one - with the blue paper I though of waves - and then added a yellow sun for fun!

And I guess I was on a sun kick because then I have this one -- with another sun --to emphasize the summer part of it.



And one of my favorite -- the bulls eye to represent target. I added a title in the bullseye.




I don't always do this - but it is a technique that I like to do when it fits the mood of the layout. Makes it a bit more fun right?
Well thanks for popping in...
Michelle Lanning











8 comments:

LisaNRoxy said...

Very clever - love your layouts and the inspiration from the pictues is motivating!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

what inspiration! I just love these layouts!

justem said...

Your layouts are gorgeous!!
I am really bad at using shapes...like circles. Unless I can punch them, I hardly use them! This is inspiring me, though...

Jana Eubank said...

Wonderful inspiration, Michelle! I just love how each shape makes such a statement and goes along with the feel on each page!

Trish said...

Lovely layouts, Michelle! I love your style and all that stitching!!

Laina Lamb said...

These are great Michelle. Cute layouts and your daughter is adorable. I'll have to put this idea to work soon.

jamie said...

lots of ideas here to play with...very nice...i think my fav is with all the stitching...great job and thanks for sharing.

Colleen said...

i'll admit...
circles on a layout scare me. i'm going to have to get over this fear and give it a shot