Thursday, November 12, 2009

Another mini!

I know, I know.  The last two posts I had here were about mini albums. What can I say? I'm addicted to making these little cuties, especially when I have lots and lots of photos.


I started with a Russell and Hazel business card holder I purchased for $2 on clearance at OfficeMax. (I love to shop office supply store clearance sections!) I created the title on the cover using white contact paper, SCAL and my Cricut machine.


To make the pages, I  printed my favorite photos at 2x3. I picked through my box of paper scraps and cut those to 2x3 as well.

To keep the album quick and simple, I decided not to use expensive embellishments. Using clip art and symbols off of the internet, I created icons and journaling that I printed off in black on white cardstock. The symbols were punched with a circle punch and matted in black cardstock with a small scallop Martha Stewart punch.The journaling strips were punched with a Stampin Up punch and again matted with black cardstock.

The entire album cost about $5 to make and took about 8 hours to assemble including printing time.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Very cute and clever.

jamie said...

that is just adorable. i am loving the size. good for you. you show off those mini's, laina. they are always so helpful and inspiring.

borcherding said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Trish said...

You are my IDOL. You have no idea...

I only wish I could have gotten my hands on one of those beauties!!

Looking forward to spending time with you this weekend, too...:)

Nathalie said...

I LOVE the look of you mini!!!! Love it, and you make it look so simple! Great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

that's absolutely the cutest thing! I honestly would've never thought of it!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Yes I agree! These mini's are always so inspiring! Love it! Looking forward to the weekend!