Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Kit

Laina here today... Purple, green and black! Who would have ever thought that color combo would work?!? This month's kit had such a cool and unique colors and papers. I used pieces from the Main Kit and the Project Kit to make this page about my son. The ribbon came from a previous WIP kit.


I really wanted to try making those very trendy pinwheels I keep seeing. I found this tutorial very helpful. Words of wisdom - keep your pleats/folds to 1/4" or your pinwheels will become to thick and make a very, very lumpy page. I used very thick printed pattern paper, so it is trickier than using thinner paper. Just take your time and practice with some scrap paper first.

This page just proves that you can use florals and ribbons to make a masculine page!

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

You know we can't have VERY VERY lumpy pages Laina!!! LOL. xxoo, you know how I feel about the purple!!!

Trish said...

Love that technique, Laina. I'm into purple right now, too!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Very cool color scheme, Laina, and a beautiful page!