Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I was recently requested on my blog for some larger pictures of the mini-folder-album I did for the April gallery. This then prompted a blog post, tutorial included. If you still have that lovely lavender file folder left from that kit, (or if not, just get another one), it would make a great Mother’s Day gift for that upcoming celebration.
you will need:
a WIP kit in which to embellish
1. Start with a typical office supply folder.
2. Open folder flat and score 4-inches from the bottom of the folder.
3. Fold this portion into the rest of the folder.
4. Invert the existing fold so that it folds inward.
5. Fold left side into middle fold.
6. Fold right side into middle fold. (This is not a science, if the folds do not meet perfectly in the center, it will still look great).
7. The mini-folder should look something like this now.
8. Sew pockets on the scored creases up to the 4-inch mark.
9. Remember to sew up the right and left side end as well. You should now have four pockets.
10. Now have fun adding patterned papers, photos, and embellishments. As the folder I made with the April kit is a Mother’s Day gift for my mother-in-law, I plan on having each of the kiddos to write her a note and slip it inside the pocket behind their photo.
Posted by jamie at 3:02 AM