Friday, May 7, 2010

The big D


As in Disney. I am a HUGE Disney fan. So much so that I have been to Walt Disney World six times, soon to be seven. My mother and I are leaving our husbands behind and are taking my two littlest guys to WDW in two weeks. (much to their teacher's dismay...) My boys are over the top excited because this 7 day trip is centered around "Star Wars Weekends". Star Wars rules my house. If Cooper could change his last name to Lucas he would. Needless to say, this trip of a lifetime will produce hundreds and hundreds of photos.

For our last trip to the park I sorta chickened out and made a 8x8 scrapbook/photo album. It turned out cute but after I finished I felt like I could have done more. Had more fun with the photos and pages. This trip I am going all out to a 12x12 with tons of pages. Although I haven't even packed for the trip, I have begun to look for ideas and inspiration for my Disney album. Looking at other people's pages also gives you great ideas of what to photograph.

Here are some of the great pages I have already found.

Disney Day by Day by iheartnico. Don't you just love that she created this "Disney" themed page with a punch and a brad!


this is why we came by iheartnico I've been to Disney at Halloween...incredible, amazing fun. Go if you have the chance.


Pocohantas by tsajones. Cool idea with digital products.


Blastoff by tsajones. Another cool digi page.


Disney Friends by Jana Eubank


Magical by bluestardesign

I think I am just as excited as the kids! Anyone else headed off to WDW this year for vacation?

7 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG such inspiration! I LOVE Disney... we went two years ago with 2 other families and I think it was our best vacation EVER!

Anonymous said...

We are going right before Thanksgiving this year for our 3rd trip and hoping to catch the beginnings of the Christmas celebrations. Have fun with Star Wars - we would love to go then too! And great inspiration here - gets me excited and I have months to wait yet!

pickmepam said...

never been. ok, for a couple conferences, but never inside the park. never really wanted to. maybe when i was a kid, but even my kids don't want to go! are we completely missing something???

jamie said...

looks like alot of fun. and in love with the first layout, highlighting the day by day.
and we have never been to wdw. being west coasters most our lives it was always d-land...which too made for many happy times.

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Never been to WDW, but my 2 oldest boys work at Dland, so we are there quite often. There is something so magical about Disney, whether you are 5 or 45!
Thanks for sharing the layouts, I can always use ideas!!!

Jewel said...

Took the kids to Disneyland 7 years ago when they were very little. We are going WDW in Oct. this year with 2 other families. The kids are beyond excited. Heard it is so fun around Hallween. Can't wait to see your pages after you get back! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Laina---you and Carla kill me on the Disney stuff! I hope you ALL have an excellent trip! Can't wait to see what you create----evilwoman :D