Tuesday, May 11, 2010

some gallery favorites

happy tuesday everyone!
today i want to take some time and tour a few of my favorites from the may gallery. may was one of my personal favorites as far as trish's kit selections go. the colors were so full of springtime goodness and possiblities.


emily's is the classic in terms of bringing spring to the page through photo and color and keeping it all full of light. i loved how she layered the lily bee chipboard with some of the flowers from the dear lizzy elements. but then...i just love layering.


and laina here is stepping out of her box! and it was a hit with me. not only did she use one of the lovely doily's from the main kit, but then played it up with some lime and teal mist. and don't miss out her sewing here and there. she tied this together so beautifully.




and how fun is this? michelle made me smile with the chipboard elements and using them as clouds. don't you love that? another thing that i thought was sweet were the 'flower boxes' placed lovingly under the 'windows'. very creative!



and there is that doily again. did you not just LOVE the doily's in the main kit? tina often makes great use of childhood photos, and this one is no exception. that and the inking and distressing helped give this layout it's beautiful vintage feel.



then there is our dear ms. trish. did you notice how she cut out the patterned paper in which the photo is placed? the banner around that photo also adds emphasis to a very sweet photo.




finally, since this may kit just keeps giving, i have been busy making more use of it. that brown trim was one of my favorite elements in this collection. i used it here again...just because i could.
now, your turn...get that kit out and play.
enjoy your day!
~jamie

5 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

Awesome post! Love seeing everyone's work up close and personal.

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh boy, I hope I can measure up...

Ryzmomplus2 said...

great post Jamie, I agree - I loved seeing this up close and your pointing out some things that I missed, including the adorable window boxes Michelle did!

Trish said...

You are so sweet, Jamie!! Thanks for highlighting your favs--I love them, too!

Lori Gentile said...

Wow! Your team rocked the Lily Bee! Trish, I highlighted you, today, after seeing you in our gallery. :) Now I'm going to have to take a look at the dt kit work with lily bee!