Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Banner, Banner on the Wall

Banners continue to be all the rage in the scrapbooking world. I for one love them all!  For my butterfly layout using the October kit, I created a little banner of rectangles.  I did not plan on this, but the Crate Paper ruler sheet gave me this idea.  Each paper "ruler" is just a rectangular banner waiting to happen. 

I trimmed off the pieces, folded them in half, and then threaded a Karen Foster Design floss through the folded pieces. Loops were created with the floss so I can later add some Jenni Bowlin sticker butterflies to where the loops are. The banner pieces were then decorated with the Jenni Bowlin star in the main kit and the Jenni Bowlin circular alphas.  They were added onto the layout with Helmar Zapdots to create the banner "floating" atop of the page look. 


I hope you have enjoyed this little banner expose! Now go on, banner thyselves :)

8 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a great idea to make those rulers into banners! You are so clever!

MichelleB said...

So cute! Love that banner!

Trish said...

Totally stinkin' adorable, JJ!! You know I love a banner...lol!

pickmepam said...

ah, too cute!

Nancy Damiano said...

Ruler banners! I love that idea. And the stars look great on them!

Julie Bonner said...

WOW - awesome page - love the banner!!!

jamie said...

your so funny.
love that banner.
thanks for the tutorial.
~j

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love the banner and I must banner myself! haha