Friday, January 7, 2011

Its that time of the year


When we figure out new resolutions and goals...

that time to change something you’ve wanted to change, or reach for something you thought unreachable.

And it doesn’t have to take place the first of the year, it can happen at any time. One of my most rewarding resolutions occurred 8 years ago today. I quit smoking! It was one of those that I didn’t think I could do it, then kept coming up with excuses and finally went to bed on the night of the 6th saying tomorrow is the day and did it.

Now mind you it wasn’t easy, it was something I had to work at everyday, and even I thought the odds were against me, but here I am after 8 years and never plan to go back!

As for 2011 I have many goals including running my first full marathon and I know I wouldn’t even be thinking about that goal if I hadn’t set the first one!

5 comments:

jamie said...

i totally believe you are going to make that goal.
~j

Deb said...

Great reminder that making positive changes in our lives can happen any day of the year! Congratulations on conquering your addiction to nicotine and claiming a healthier life!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Great goal for 2011! This year I am challenging myself to embrace three F's: Faith, Family, and Fitness. Probably not a marathon, but some fitness. :)

Becky said...

Good for you! {on the quitting smoking and on planning on running a marathon} My goal for this year is to stick it out for 8 weeks of boot camp and hopefully sign up for another 8 weeks.

Trish said...

So proud of you, Tina! Keep up the great work!