Friday, January 28, 2011

Pom Pom Love...

Hard to believe that these little gems (purchased at JoAnn's for $6.99 for the pair) made all of these garlands...
You see, we're getting ready to celebrate a big birthday in this house in a couple of weeks. And we're pulling out all the stops...
This is such an easy and FUN craft, the whole family has been involved! Our 8 and 11 year olds have made their own garlands!
When it started to get a bit crazy, we decided to wrap the garlands around corrugated board, in an effort to keep it from tangling. Worked perfectly!

Remember the Valentine garlands on my mirror from last week? Yep--there is a red and pink one there. I made some for teachers and a neighbor...and three more for our house...

In anticipation of the upcoming festivities...I made three for Mardi Gras! We love an excuse to party around here! I have two in the works now...one for St. Patrick's Day, and another for our niece's all PURPLE birthday party!! The possibilities...can you see them???

Before the Valentine garland, I had these up with snowflakes. Everyone loved our "snowballs"...
You can view this awesome tutorial here for more info. Be careful though...they're really addictive! (Just ask my gal pals who were over a couple weekends ago...hahaha!!)
Enjoy your weekend!

8 comments:

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

OH my goodness, yet again I learn a new trick from you!! I've never seen these @ Joann's, but you can bet I'll be heading over there tomorrow to look for them!
Thanks again as always for the inspiration :)

pickmepam said...

you're just a pom-pom fanatic!

Jewel said...

Oh, I just love your pom-pom garland! I might have to make a few for my daughter's upcoming birthday party. She will love helping me make these. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

Debbi Tehrani said...

OMGosh! Those are so awesome and fun! You are so crafty!

Aubree said...

These look like so much fun!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

thank goodness you put that addictive warning on this post cuz oh my gosh are they addicting!

Nicole said...

Ohh, how do you make these? I have a party coming up and would love to be able to do these!

Something Special by Suzann said...

Are those pom pom maker still avail at Joanns? I must have one - those garlands are increible!!