Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras Treats

Every year, I try and do something for our children's classrooms to celebrate Mardi Gras...
This year, I went with chocolate covered jumbo marshmallows on a stick! Above, you will see the supplies needed. I used Mardi Gras colors (purple, green and gold) for cupcake liners...
Next, I stuck the sticks into the giant marshmallows (they're made by Campfire, found at my local grocery store), and I dipped them into melted white chocolate wafers. Before the chocolate set, I sprinkled them with Mardi Gras colored sprinkles...

I let them harden in the frig, and then bagged them up. They look like this:

Just a fun way of remembering and celebrating the day. Makes me wish I was with my family down in Mardi Gras today...
And for those of you feeling adventurous, make one of the King Cakes below for your family to celebrate tonight! What a great dessert idea!
For more information and a much better explanation of things, be sure to revisit this former blog post all about Mardi Gras.

And for more Fat Tuesday Faves, be sure to check out AllRecipes.com--my favorite spot to find a recipe! They have a whole section on their website devoted solely to those who are celebrating the event! You can find gumbo, jambalaya and many a King Cake recipe there! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks delish! I love the marshmallows on a stick! So fun and I'd love to try it!!

pickmepam said...

wore my mardi gras accessories. making me wish i was still living there!