Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our First Communion Celebration

Our son Evan made his First Holy Communion this past weekend...
We had a party at our home for him afterwards. I wanted to share a few of the touches with you today.


I put out some of the shadowboxes I've made for him. This one is his favorite. I also have one filled with Monster Trucks that he loves.


He loves this cake batter bark, so I used them as favors. Gotta love Pinterest!


Our daughter, helping him relax beforehand...


We ordered cupcakes from Main Street Cupcakes. Man, huge hit. All Evan asked for were these cupcakes and ribs, so of course my arm had to be twisted! If you're a local, you have to check them out! If you're not, check out their online store. Favorite flavor in our house is Cookies and Cream! Special thanks to Tina for finding the awesome cupcake tower at Costco!


We put out his "I Hope" book, and asked that people contribute their own well-wishes and hopes for our son. We also put out the 12x12 album of his that is always a work in progress. Nice for friends and relatives to see them, especially guest that visit infrequently.


And of course, we took many new photos, too. Great day for everyone, and I'm relieved it is over. Well, except for the scrapbooking part. :)



Thanks for allowing me to share! Enjoy your day.


13 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely photos!! God bless him!!

Deb said...

Congrats to Evan and to his proud family! Blessings and best wishes to all (and thanks for sharing the great photos, ideas and that cake batter bark recipe, too)!

pickmepam said...

what great photos and what a beautiful day! (at least until the evening)

borcherding said...

Looks like a great event! And great ideas to boot!! :-) TFS!

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing your son's special day with us! Love the photos!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Congratulations Evan!
I love the cars in the shadowbox...such a clever idea :)

Jewel said...

Congrats to your little man Evan. He is such a cutie and looks totally adorable in his suit! He is lucky to have such a creative and caring Mom. Off to look thru my son's cars to make him a shadow box for his upcoming birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is adorable! Congrats to him!!!

Amy V

Miss Jaster said...

congrats to Evan! I love the shadowbox! SO fun!

mommy2luke2008 said...

Congrats to Evan! I love the shadowbox! I featured it on my friday favorites!
http://www.lilbitofus.com/2011/08/friday-favorites.html

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing the shadow box. I made one and linked back to you. Found you on Pinterest!!! Have a great week.

Here is my link if you want to check it out!
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/shadow-box-memories-boys-gift.html

Kelley said...

Really? Can we take TOO MANY photos?

Love 'em, every one I see and every one I don't.

Lynn Singleton said...

Love the shadow box display! Good idea! Congratulations to the young man!