Monday, May 23, 2011

Summertime Acrylic Mini

I got a jumpstart on my summer by setting myself up for success this year. I love how last year's book turned out so much, that I decided to repeat the format this year. (All contents of this project are found in the Main June WIP Kit found here.)
While you can't really see it in this photo, the acrylic helps in layering the look. The colorful letter stickers are on top of the acrylic, and were added after the first page was complete. Everything else for the cover is mounted on the patterned paper underneath.


Using the kit and a few sheets of cardstock, I made this in no time at all! The acrylic in the kit was used as my front and back covers. I made holes in them using the Crop-A-Dile. Since the links from last year's book don't work any longer, I decided to make my own edited version on Microsoft Word, and printed them out to use here. I intend to only do bullet journaling, just like last year. Short + sweet=LOVE. *Note--I will be emailing the printable to the customers who purchased this kit, in case you'd like to use this format for your own Summertime mini!



The colors of cardstock I selected will coordinate with the Echo Park paper well. Armed with a few border punches, I put the book together in less than 30 minutes! Now all I will need to do is add the photos...


For example...take the above collage photo. I created it in a 4x6 format, and wanted to show our son and nephew as they played with a police car. Sometimes, picking just one photo isn't enough, ya know? So on the right side of the mini would be the picture, and on the left, the journaling printable would read something like...



I see...



Two 5 year old boys in hot pursuit



I hear...



Sirens, walkie-talkies, and lots of belly laughter



I feel...



Relaxed and happy



I smell...



Dinner cooking on the grill (pork chops!)



I taste...



Ice water




I want to remember...



How much these two enjoy each others company.



Nothing to it! I don't have any particular guidelines set up in my head. Like I said--this is all about SIMPLE. I will be sure to throw in an update this summer, and then show off my finished book before shool starts. Fingers crossed that you will play along, too! :)



Enjoy your day!



5 comments:

Gail said...

this is so adorable, love the bright fresh colours and your theme! I really enjoy mini's they are one of my favourite things to create!

pickmepam said...

oh, wow, this is just great! i have a problem with minis tho, i make them and don't fill them! get a move on pam!

BabyBokChoy said...

Adorable stuff!!!! love the fresh and fun colors!

borcherding said...

Great! Can't wait!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.