Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Banner & Ribbon Garland

I recently made this ribbon garland, and wanted to share...
I went to my stash, didn't purchase a thing, and made this. I love that it is wrinkled and messy--and that was intentional. I took care to only select ribbon, fabric and scraps in bold/bright colors. No black, brown or pastels here.
Next, I added two gerber daisy flowers that I had on hand. They were attached to the garland with alligator clips that were hot glued onto the back.

The ribbon garland as-is would be a great backdrop for a child's birthday photo. But this was for an adult. So I added another layer...
I created a "Happy Birthday" banner using solid pieces of 2x3" cardstock, twine, and a pack of Jolee's Boutique felt Happy Birthday stickers. I used my Stampin Up bracket punch to layer the letter stickers, and also used a sheet of striped paper that was colorful and made it all stand out. I cut a "v" into the bottoms of each of those, to make it look more like a banner.
And here is the finished product, hung from a mirror in my entryway. Easy peasy!

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

janet said...

It looks so cute!!! Love all the great colors!!

Debbie Blythe said...

You're the awesomest! Still my hero!

deb said...

This is marvelous! :)