Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Autumn Mantel Decor Ideas

We'll be moving into our new house on October 21, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to actually get into decorating before autumn falls away and winter takes its place, but I've stumbled across a few pretties I thought I'd share.

This mantel, which I saw on Houzz is absolutely beautiful (and our walls are going to be that same color). You, too, can have those faux aspen branches for a mere $16.50 each from Pottery Barn:


And how cute is this mantel all dolled up for Halloween? A few white pumpkins and some black paint makes this easy-peasy! The faux ivy is spray-painted black. I found this image at Dream to Life:


Here's a clever idea and also easy. Such a pretty way to display all those beautiful fall leaves you find. Directions can be found at Better Homes & Gardens.


And I just love of having a chalkboard sitting on my mantel for poems and messages that could change with the seasons. What a cool idea to set a passage from Poe's The Raven on top of the mantel during the Halloween season! I found this at Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust.


And this isn't a mantel decoration, but I thought it was just too cute and clever to not share with you, also found on the Dream to Life blog. To make these adorable spider tealight holders, just scoop out the flesh from mini pumpkins and poke in some pipe cleaners for the spidey legs!


Do you decorate your mantel for autumn? I'd love to hear your ideas!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That 1st mantle is my favorite. I can't wait to see what you come up with for yours in the new house!

What a cute idea those little tea light spiders are. Super easy & just darling :)