Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Where should I get my photos printed??"

I get asked this question a lot. I mean, a LOT. So when I read this article and saw the comparisons, I knew I had to share this with anyone who'd listen. Superb info!!

It is also fair to note, if you upload digitial prints and order those prints online (as I do with Costco, for example), there is an option that says, "DO NOT auto-correct prints." Since I take time to edit most my prints, I do not want their photo processing machine to "correct" my enhancements--so I opt to select that option almost every time I have photos printed. If you're not doing this, you could be screwing up the colors, too. Just a little "fyi."


2 comments:

pickmepam said...

all in all, i was a bit disappointed in the detail on all the photos. esp when the author showed the hair detail. why can't any of the companies do a better job on the detail? did the author print this off at home or where did she get the "original"? i know you do not know the answers to these questions, after all, you are not wikipedia! anyhoo, so glad you posted this. it was very informative and i feel like doing my own comparison with our local companies! hoping to get a costco membership in this lifetime...

Rita said...

Well I use scrapbookpictures.com because I've not been satisfied with anyone else!!! I don't have a Costco near me, but would try them if I had one.