Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hair Clip/Pin Organizer

One of the fun things I made as Christmas gifts this year was hair clip/pin organizers.
I got white frames from Home Goods, and removed the glass.  (I set it aside in a closet, in case I ever want to re-purpose this in the future).  Next, I cut two pieces of chipboard the size of the glass, and I glued them together to form a sturdy, thick sheet of chipboard.  Then, I began to apply random, colorful ribbons vertically down the chipboard, gluing them only at the ends (which wrapped around to the back.)
After completing all the vertical strips of ribbon, I started to then go horizontally.  I weaved the ribbons in and out, forming a weave.  I only went about half way (a few, I went a bit higher because it looked better.)  Feel free to do what works for you!

Then I added a bunch of hair accessories.  Many of them were made by my daughter and me, but a few were store bought as well.  Isn't it pretty? 

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Diane said...

This is a great idea. I know someone that could use one of these.

Hair Loss Product said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.