Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Our Annual Gingerbread House Party

This past weekend, our daughter Jami and I hosted our 9th annual Gingerbread House Party in our home. It truly is one of my favorite days of the year, because I get to hang out with a few of my favorite women (I'm beyond lucky to call these ladies my friends) and their daughters...
For great basic gingerbread house assembly instructions, here is a great blog post showing how we have made ours for the past 9 years. It totally works wonders, and they turn out spectacular!
Jami's friend Rachal, who has been to all but 2 of the yearly parties...
Jami.  She looks so grown up to me in this photo.  Ugh...
Amy and Molly.  They make me laugh and want to hug all the time.
Katie, Kaylee, Kendall and Molly.  Super Mom with Super Daughters...
Deanna and Sadie.  Dare I say it--they've been to every single one of our annual parties?  Love them to bits...
Jeanie and Molly.  Also our buddies on last week's NYC trip.  Love them.
Judy and Sydney.  Another Super Mom that amazes me.  I think she's cloned in fact...
Julia.  Her Mama had to work, so she brought her Gram.  LOVE.
Kris & Gillian.  Long time neighbors and friends that I wish I saw more often!
Isn't her smile infectious?  I could just squeeze her to bits!!
Reilley won dibs on the masterpiece of the day.  We affectionately called this the "Gaga House."

Thanks to all who came out to play!!  And to the 5 that I did get photographed--my fingers are crossed that Tina got pics of you!!

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Rita said...

I'm cracking up over the "Gaga House" that is too cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm sure the girls & mom's alike had a blast. Those are some cute gingerbread houses you all created! Thanks for sharing.
Merry Christmas to you & yours!!!

kristine said...

What a great time we had, Trish! It is on our table for the centerpiece :) Merry Christmas to you, Chris, Jami, Evan and Griffin!!!!

Anonymous said...

we did this when I was little! My daughter and I have done a house with her friends. So fun. Have to agree that Gaga House is awesome!!!

pickmepam said...

always love looking at all the houses, such creative children! (parents too)