Saturday, January 21, 2012

Valentine Garland

I made this conversation heart banner using the February Project Kit (still available here.)
I took each of the chipboard pieces and painted them a bright color.  Next, I used the dark pink foldable as the backing so the words on the hearts would pop out.  I simply glued the cardstock from behind each heart.  Next, I ran a strand of yarn and attached all the hearts in a row.
I went into my stash and then cut several 6" ribbon strips and tied them on to the yarn, in between each heart.  I love how it turned out!  Its new home is in my dining room, right by a candy bar.  The one thing I don't have in a jar?  You guessed it--conversation hearts!  Off to the store...

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

The Picinic Basket said...

That is the cutest banner I've seen in a long time. Great job!

Debbi Tehrani said...

This is just adorable! You are so crafty and clever!

pickmepam said...

who doesn't love conversation hearts?

borcherding said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!