I am lovin' paper flowers these days. I make them all the time from book paper, and tissue and pattern paper. There are tons of images to be found on pinterest. Enough to keep one making flowers for a very long time.
So it's no wonder a couple of cardstock flowers found their way on one of the layouts for the February gallery. Loved how they turned out, and wanted to share a little tutorial with you.
1. gather supplies.
cardstock~preferably double sided
~plus a solid piece for the base
2. punch double sided cardstock. The above flowers were made with four circles.
Punch an additional solid circle for the base of the flower.
3. Fold circle in a cone shape with a single point. Smash flat. Repeat with remaining circles.
4. Attach folded circles to the base with points all facing the center. Don't worry about them being perfect in appearance, step 5 covers that.
5. Hot glue button to center of the points. As this is adhered it will help to flatten the 'petals' of the flower, as well as cover all manner of imperfect petals.
6. Now you have a half flower as a ready made border embellishment for the edge of paper or photo. Or complete the circle and fill your page with whole flowers.
enjoy your day!