Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Project Kit Goodies...

Wanted to share a few of the projects I completed using the February Project Kit...
Normally, I don't have our fireplace covered in this much stuff. But for some reason, I decided to junk it up and have fun with it this Valentine's Day. Here is a closer pic of the fringe and banner garland I created with the kit...
I managed to squeek out a layout, too.  Our youngest, having a bad day recently...

The kit comes with 3 chipboard cones that are heavy and sturdy enough to hold a good amount of candy for Valentine's Day.  Good thing, huh?

I used the pipe cleaners as handles, and the festooning to go around the top.  Fun!

This is my latest favorite project.  It is going to be a gift to the hubs.  Feb. 3rd is a special day for us.  Seventeen years ago on that day, he proposed to me.  And 4 years later, we found out we were expecting our first child.  So we have a little secret anniversary every year on that day.  This year, I'm giving him this.  It will be used as decor on our sofa table for the holiday, and blends in with our decor...
The binder comes with the kit.  I ended up adding a few chipboard pieces from the December WIP Kit that were leftover.  (I love it when that works out!)  I printed out several photos of the two of us, over the past 25 years (we've been together that long now.)  I also added the charcoal grey American Crafts POW glitter paper.  I love how it turned out...

I knew I wanted the banner to "hang when opened like a book.  It worked perfectly, and because it is on the string, the letters don't crumple when the book folds.


In case you missed the garland from last week, that was also made with the Project Kit...

I got my mileage from that one kit, wouldn't you say??
  There are a few kits available here if you'd like to complete these projects on your own as well!

Be sure to check out the awesome Design Team's creations here using the Main Kit for February.  Lots of inspiration!!

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

These are seriously BEAUTIFUL creations!!!! I now know you used the Pow! glitter paper from AC!!! GREAT GREAT idea!!!

helicopteros rc said...

Yeah, It is really amazing collection of wonderful goodies. Specially I like that 'Always' card.

pickmepam said...

wow, you really did get a ton of milage out of that kit! way to go!

jamie said...

seriously love what you did with the binder.
i so wanted to get to that for the gallery...simply ran out of time.
thank you for the inspiration.
~j