Friday, July 13, 2012

Debbie's Mini Album

Today's blog post comes courtesy of my dear friend, Debbie Cordes. Debbie is the sister of our former WIP DT member, Tina Zarlenga. Love these gals. Love that they make me laugh at each and every crop and/or gathering. Love that they are amazing daughters to their mom. Love that they're always there, to lend a hand, or cheer me on, or to help someone who needs it. They are beautiful women, and I'm blessed to have them in my life.

Debbie's oldest son, Shawn Cordes, recently competed in Los Angeles at the NCAA Division III men's track 4x100 team, representing Baldwin Wallace College.  She wanted to document this special event, and created a mini book to showcase their trip and his awards.


Shawn is a sophomore, and has already been so successful!  We're proud to know
an All-American athlete.  He has worked so hard...


Debbie, her husband, and her other son would'nt have missed going for the world.
Here are a few of the finished pages, using the Father's Day mini album kit.  I just love what she did with all the die cuts and elements!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful keepsake with us today, Debbie!!  And Shawn, keep up the great work!!  We'll be watching you!!

Enjoy your day!!

2 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Having an older son myself, I just know that he is going to treasure this wonderful mini book. I caught Zach many times flipping through books I had given him. Such wonderful accomplishments for this young man, who wouldn't be proud!

Tami said...

Debbie...love your album! I really loved the page I saw at the crop and the rest is just as neat! I love the way you layered the tags and pockets and arranged the journaling and sentiments around the pictures. All the twine and ribbon ended up to look so masculine...how'd you do that! :) nice work!