Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunshine Mini

 Hello there! Jamie here loving the papers and elements that are part of the July2012 Work In Progress kit. This kit lends itself so perfect to a mini album celebrating the sunshine in your life.
I wanted to share my take on the idea. But warning...this is a photo heavy post...
To start I used some craft plastic as my cover. The kit comes with a 4x6 acrylic sheet that is perfect for this too.  An AmyTangering Flourette was added to the cover along with the die cut cloud and butterfly. I used the gorgeous "you are my sunshine" mini poster as the secondary cover.

 This book is full of some new to me techniques I have been playing with lately. And I wanted to share them with you. The inside cover is covered with some cardstock from my stash. I sewed in another mini poster along with the date with the JilliBean Soup letters. The 4x6 journal card from Simple stories made for a perfect title page. The little 'sunshine' that this mini is about is that almost two year old baby of mine, Sawyer.

 The die cute frames called my name and told me to fill them with confetti and frame them up. So that is what I did with the bird frame. I used more of my stashed craft plastic to encase some confetti.
The next page is a glassine bag, also from my stash, but embellished with letter stickers and pattern paper from the kit. It will house little this and thats from our summer adventures around town.

So much of this book is made up of simply layering pattern paper to make homes for photos and journal spots. Here I added a coin envelope from an earlier WIP kit. I trimmed the frame from the EP Sweet Polaroid paper to make a place for journaling. I just love the envelope to house little what nots or additional journaling.

More paper layering. I love the negative that a die cut creates. I used a negative heart piece and sewed on pattern paper and can tuck a tag in behind the heart.
The book paper envelope was a little idea I picked up from Maggie Holmes.

More photos. More layering. And a chevron tag I found at a boutique that is home to a tag that will be the journaling piece for this little cowboys story.

The 4x6 Simple Stories journaling tags are adorable. They are found here in the mini about every other page. They hardly even need any extra embellishment. They can stand alone so perfectly.
The shipping tags on the opposite page are held together by a piece of pattern paper on the other side.  Just adhere the tags to the paper and then trim around and punch holes in the tag. And don't you just adore that camera die cut?

You can see the pattern paper placement on this side of the tags.
One of the scalloped die cuts was used here for a journaling spot. It was misted and punched and added right into the book. I like how the pattern paper peeks out from under the butterfly negative.

More Simple Stories 4x6 journaling card with only a label and letter stickers.

Like I said, those little die cut frames were begging me for some confetti. I made a pocket from a glassine bag and sewed it around the edges. It's just a simple little embellie that makes me smile.

Here is the other side. See the washi tape...that is covering up where I accidently cut the pocket after all was sewn. Well, I was not going to waste it...so washi came to save the day.

Grabbed that bingo card from a previous kit as I loved the sentiment and really wanted to punch a heart in the die cut heart and make my own embellishment from it.

Are you still with me? You have almost made it to the end.
 Made a little framed pocket on the left side to hold a journaling tag. I used adhesive on only the three sides leaving the top open. The tag can now slip in and out. This book is full of many interactive aspects that I love so much. The possiblities are endless.

As I get to the end of the mini, there are not photos in place yet. But summer is not over and there will be plenty to add as we go along. I like the feeling that this is an open book and I can continue to fill it in.

Last page for now. Thank you so much for sharing this book with me. If you have any questions about it I would love to answer them.

wip siggy

No comments: