Jamie here with a new layout from the August WIP Kit.
When I first came upon the lilac cardstock I thought...'eek! But I don't do purple.'
And then a personal challenge was born: making lilac work for me. My own personal challenge.
So today I wanted to share that project with you, and include a bit of step by step on how it came together.
swiss cheese border punch. But I have also used a regular hole punch in the past to make colorful confetti.
2. Punch a border around white 12x12 card stock. This is the background piece.
3. Trim the lilac card stock one inch on two sides. This gives you an 11x11 piece so that the punched white becomes a frame.
4. Use mist or paint to add some painted splotches to the lilac background. I used a green as I knew this was going to be a contrasting color on my page.
5. Fill glassine bag with confetti and the cupcake stickers from the kit. Sew the bag to the lilac background.
6. Adhere lilac card stock to the white card stock background.
8. Add smaller photos in and around the main photo and the confetti bag.
9. Trim a letter from the October Afternoon Kazoo paper and add to page.
11. In addition, two strips of the washi tape from October Afternoon were added below the confetti bag.
12. Don't forget to add your journaling and date.
Thank you for letting me share with you today.