Since there were no children under 4, we elected to watch Zookeeper as the movie. Excellent choice for the crowd on hand.
We played the Candy Bar Game--a homemade game that can be played with 3-100 children--and it was a hit.
We had 24 children in the game, and everyone left with a bag filled with loot. It was timed perfectly, so they had snacks to munch on for the movie...
My hubs and son put a big tent up in the backyard, and it was great for playing and hanging out.
The dog hung out with everyone, and was in heaven with all the attention.
We had smores, of course. And they were hand-delivered by the very special waitress in charge--Miss Molly. Man, I love this kid. I wish I could bottle and sell her sweet disposition. And she worked like a dog to get treats to everyone!!
Well, she had to make sure they tasted good first, right? I can't say I blame her!
And my friends brought crazy delish goodies. CRAZY...
How about these gems? Cookies, made in mini cupcake liners. The "hamburger" consists of a grasshopper cookie, green icing to hold the Nilla Wafers together, and potato sticks made to look like french fries. How FUN!! She took sugar water and created a syrup to hold the sesame seeds to the top of the "bun."
Can I just say I love my crafty, foodie friends? They rock my world.
And this was the sleeper hit of the evening. A corn dip made with Chili flavored Fritos that are used to season the dip. MAN...it was wonderful...
Spicy Corn Salad; serves 6
- 2 cans of corn (drained)
- ½ of a red pepper, diced
- ½ of a green pepper, diced
- ½ of a yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a red onion, chopped OR about 5 green onions, diced
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 3 tbs. mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- a few handfuls of chili flavored Fritos, crushed
- pinch of cayenne to add heat, if you want!
- Saute peppers and onion until soft. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine first 7 ingredient (through cheese) and refrigerate. If you want to add cayenne, now’s a good time.
- Just before serving, add Fritos!
Enjoy your day!!