Wednesday, December 19, 2007

31 Days of Christmas & 2 Recipes...

I had the wonderful opportunity to take Melodee Langworthy's 31 Days of Christmas class a few weeks ago in Michigan. Tina had heard about her on Ali's blog, and so we treated ourselves and spent the day shopping and scrapping. I've been working on the book daily, and wanted to share a few of the photos...

It is a chipboard 4x6 book, documenting anything you'd like throughout the month of December. My favorite part? The fact that it was done before the month started, and I simply had to add photos as I went. Love that.
The cover:You can add as many pages as you want. It accommodates up to 90 4x6 pictures!

And there is a date page indicating when each new day starts. Lots of stamping and painting in this project.
And it is filling up!
Check out her blog--she is really creative, and a wonderful gal!

Okay, yesterday I spent most of the entire day baking. I'd like to share this idea from my friend, Val...

Chocolate covered marshmallows. Just stick a lollipop stick in the big ones, and dip them quickly. Let dry and bag them. Serve with homemade hot cocoa in a jar.
I made the homemade cocoa and put some in jars & others in pastry bags. I will print out the recipe and include it with the gift on a small tag. Feel free to add mini marshmallows or chocolate chips if you'd like too! Val took the liberty to dip spoons into chocolate and add those with her gift basket. At the bottom left of the photo below, I tied together candy cane sticks that were covered in dark chocolate that I purchased (I saw some at Hobby Lobby and Williams Sonoma). We love our neighbors across the street, so this one is for them...
Here is the recipe for the hot cocoa:

Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix

2 C Nonfat dry milk
1 C Sugar
1/2 C Cocoa
1/2 C. Nondairy Creamer
1 Dash Salt

Now, if you really want to go the extra mile...add this adorable poem...

Snowman Soup

When the weather outside is frightful,
Snowman Soup can be delightful.
May it warm your spirit and your soul.
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!
When you feel a chill or burrrrrr,
Use the peppermint stick to stir.
Add hot water and sip it slow.
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.


Thanks for the ideas, Val! Love you!

Okay, one more recipe for you...

Rocky Road Cookies

1 stick butter, softened ¼ tsp. salt

¼ C. firmly packed brown sugar ½ C. chopped peanuts

1 egg ½ C. chocolate chips

1 tsp. vanilla extract ½ C. mini marshmallows

1 ¼ C. flour ½ tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Add vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt and beat until blended. Stir in peanuts and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly press 1-4 marshmallows into center of each cookie. Return to oven and bake 2 minutes, or until golden. Let cookies cool for about 2 minutes, and then remove to a rack and cool completely.

Okay guys...enjoy your Wednesday!

10 comments:

Gina said...

Trish! You have got to be the 8th Wonder of the World! I just love this blog, because it is filled with amazing ideas from you and your talented Design Team and friends.

I love that album! Simply brilliant. And those goodies and treats are just too clever. I loooove the idea of presenting it in a pastry bag - way cute!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Love that 31 days of Christmas album! So beautiful! I love the fact that you made it ahead of time and now you're just adding images to it... :-) And those recipes? YUM!

Can I tell you...I'm LOVING the Dec. kit... I'm inspired to create with it... I've made six LO's so far! Yippee!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Great mini book idea! I love that little hand reaching for it!

Gabrielle said...

This book is AMAZING! How fun! It's great that you put a picture of the hand in it, you get a really good idea of the size!

The treats look DELICIOUS!

Jana Eubank said...

I can't go a day without checking in here, Trish! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! You're amazing! I think I've gained 10 pounds just reading it! LOL! ;)

April said...

I LOVE the idea of that little book. Love it:)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Loved taking that class with you guys - can't believe how much you've gotten done already! Love the recipes too!

Rose R. said...

I love your recipes Trish and enjoy reading your blog.

Molly said...

I am with Jana on that...I haven't even made the cookies yet, and I know I have gained 10 pounds! ROFL! Yummy stuff, though, seriously! :D And I love that idea for cocoa! Yum!
That mini book is such a great idea, too! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish!
Oh my stars...I am with Jana...I could gain wait just looking at your yummy treats...you are super women!!

Thrilled that you are enjoying your album, it was so wonderful to meet you and the gift that you gave me!!
Thanks again Trish and Merry Christmas!!
Mellie