Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stick them up!!!


Your chipboard letters from the January Project Kit,that is. :) Here is a quick and fun idea for turning the chipboard elements into a cute magnetic photo display!


First, cover your chipboard letters with patterned paper. I chose the ledger prints and used liquid glue to adhere the paper to the chipboard. (Note: while the paper is drying on the chipboard, place a heavy book on top to prevent "curving" of the chipboard).

Next, choose your favorite family photo(s) that you want to display . Clip them to the chipboard pieces using the clip provided in the kit (I decided that I liked the clean look of the "X" and chose one great photo for my project). Layer a heart doily behind your photo and add your favorite sticker phrase from the Making Memories wordfetti above the photo. I chose the "I Adore You" phrase since it fit my feelings perfectly for this photo (you see, I am usually behind the camera, so it's nice to have a photo of all of us together!) .

Finish off with a piece of trim tied to your clip. Voila!

I also took one extra step and added some magnets (purchased at my local craft store) to the back of my chipboard pieces so that I could display my creation. Piece of cake! And since Trish included not one, but TWO pieces of each the "X" and heart, you can make a second set to give as a gift!

I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did!


3 comments:

Trish said...

Love what you did with those, Nicole! I've never made anything magnetic, but now my wheels are turning...:) Thanks for sharing!

Molly said...

I so love what you did with these, Nicole! WOW!!! And magnets! So cooL!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Too cute! I'm definitely going to make this one!