Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun Stuff...

This weekend, I hosted a baby shower at our home, and I wanted to share a few fun and easy tips for throwing one of your own...
Hang a piece of string or ribbon as a clothes line. Here, I used a flower garland purchased at Target last week. Tell your daughter to bring you lots of doll clothes and hang them up all over the place. (This was one of three clothes lines in the house.)
Use large stuffed animals (your children's or borrow) to decorate. Dress them up with bibs, diapers or XL bottles (I purchased a giant one at Michael's and gave it to the mom-to-be for the baby's first bank) and use it to decorate.
Instead of a cake, we did cupcakes. I got the above tip kit at Target last week, along with an XL cupcake tin and cupcake liners. I picked up 2 boxed cake mixes and 2 cans of frosting (white and I used my food coloring gels to get creative) and all that totaled a whopping $19. The best part is that the decor set comes with a piping tip to fill the cupcakes with cream. I know you can't really tell from the photos, but they are really very large cupcakes... Oh, man--delish. I used sprinkles I had in my pantry and I love the way they turned out.

So much so that I'm making them for Easter as well...
It looks a lot harder than it is. In the middle of this pink cupcake, I put a little banner on a toothpick with the baby's name on it...
All the kids got Easter suckers...
And the adults got cute felt bags filled with goodies (sorry, no picture of that one!) They were the blue ones at the dollar spot at Target, and they were the perfect size...

In other news, I wanted to share my latest etsy find...
My first crafty love was quilting. And these homemade pincushions are just darling. The pins in the cushions came with them, and I'm over the moon about them. They make me happy.
I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful St. Patty's Day! I did this layout with the March Project kit with an older photo of my children...
And last but not least, I wanted to thank all the wonderful ladies over at Willow Traders! You all made the day so fun, and I really appreciate all the nice things you have said about the kits and the blog. You all inspire me!! A very special thanks to Tina and Janelle who jumped in over there to help out--(and Janelle, you think they loved your sketch or what? :) )

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

10 comments:

Andi said...

Trish, I love your blog. It's always filled with such great inspiration. I have enjoyed your challenges at WT today. I even got to use the April main kit for one of my challenge layouts!

Rita said...

I'm loving Willow Traders:-) I had never really checked out the forums or posted anything before today. I had fun completing 2 of the challenges......that's all I can handle in one day!!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Trish, I love those cupcakes and all the baby shower/Easter ideas... you make everything so beautiful! I am also lovin all the other goodies on the blog, especially Janelle's little mini album. :-)

Laina Lamb said...

love everything you did for the showrr. so very very cute.

Valerie said...

Holy cow! Those cupcakes look awesome. Such cute ideas for a baby shower. So...go off and get pregnant and I can put all those ideas to use at my house! (You know it's gotta be either you are Jen!) HA!

Hugs!

borcherding said...

Are you Martha Stewart in disguise??? :-) peace and blessings...

Ryzmomplus2 said...

too dang cute Martha! Oh and I agree with Val!

Damaris said...

Ms. Trish...how adorable are those decorations?!!! TOO CUTE. You make me want to bake, and anyone who REALLY knows me KNOWS that I can not stand to bake...cooking yes...baking...not my thing...but hey, you ALMOST make me want to give it a hand...lol.
Hugs!

Molly said...

So glad it went well yesterday! So wish I could have had time to play along! Miss you all!

jakey said...

Loooovin those funky pin cushions!! And the baby shower pics are adorable.... yummy yummy cup cakes!

jk x