Every Easter, my husband's family goes overboard and goes crazy with Polish sausage. Everyone brings their own kind, and depending on how it's cooked, it can be a hit or a miss. We all have our personal favorites, but the fact that it is a tradition is what makes it special, ya know? (Kind of like the corned beef & cabbage we all enjoyed last night...) This photo was from last year's feast...And I had to laugh at this one. My MIL thought they were cute. I thought they reminded me of rats, and why would I ever eat that? I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So Marcia, if you're listening, go for the petite fours at the bakery this year...LOL!
Okay, I've been tagged by more people than I can count at this point, so if you're reading this and are one of the few who have not...you're officially "it."
Here goes: 7 Random things about me...
1. My dad is one of 15 children, and my mom is one of 10 children. I have 67 first cousins, many of whom live close by. I love that!
2. My middle name used to be Lynne, but when I got married, I made my maiden name my middle name.
3. I live one whole mile from where I grew up. Wow.
4. I hate reality TV. I'm really not into most television--and I've never seen a full episode of American Idol, the Sopranos, Lost, Desperate Housewives or any of the popular ones. I'm not missing a thing.
5. Three of my closest friends, my sister, my aunt and my husband are all named Kris/Chris.
6. I used to be very shy (my mother described me as "backwards") in school--and have always been a home-body. I've been domestic all my life...(Kristin can verify this!). It makes me laugh now!
7. I have a bachelor's degree in social work and in special education MH/SP. I was a teacher for 13 years before doing all of this...and someday I'll go back to it. It is in me, and I miss it tremendously.
Okay folks, that's it for me! Back tomorrow for a special little announcement...