Thursday, May 8, 2008

A bunch of stuff...

Warning--this post is picture heavy!

I wanted to share some of the goodness that other crafty friends brought to the NSD crop this weekend. The first one was made by Marti Mihalko, and she completed this beautiful acrylic mini at a recent Archiver's class.

I love how they used the bind-it-all, and incorporated all kinds of cool stuff into it. Love those Teresa Collins giant die cuts!

The back was stamped with Staz-on...cool, huh?
The next project is from Jen Forbus. She completed a Disney album using the same technique Ali taught us a while back (you know--the same one I stole for the Halloween book!). The "nine patterned paper circles on one page and photos on the other" is a tried and true winner.
She also managed to use a bunch of Disney pre-made die cuts that she already owned, which is a total bonus!
And who knew--she is GREAT at crocheting! Holy cow--she blew me away with this masterpiece! Val, if this comes up missing, you know where to look!
The third mini was a kit that Amy Cochran put together, and the pages are made of chipboard. Most of the book is covered in paint, and I love how the label maker tabs make the index pages pop...



Amy also shared her method of organizing paper lines she had with cardstock she needed. She keeps track using a system she set up in her Franklin Planner, and keeps it with her when she shops. (Note to self--don't allow Amy in my scrapbook room--she'll see how unorganized I am.)
I'm in LOVE with these new dies from Cuttlebug. Mary Ann shared these with us, and they are the neatest thing! One cuts, and the others emboss the die. Love the look of these when they're finished...

And last but certainly not least, Deb Cordes made the sweetest layout where she featured all the houses she lived in over the years. She completely inspired me to do a layout like this! I'm not good at using a span of photos over the years, but now I'm making a goal...
Thanks so much to all you wonderful ladies for sharing with me, and allowing me to share it with all of you! You have no idea how you inspire me!

If you're like me, and are looking for cute Mother's Day cards, I found some:
Cute Mother's Day Card Ideas.

Just a quick reminder, don't forget about the RAK here from Janelle. Love you girl!

And if you're a stamper and are looking for a deal, there's a great overstock sale going on here.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,
Thanks for sharing the great projects. By chance do you know who makes the chipboard pages and tabs that Amy used to make her book? I would love to make something similar. Thanks, Barbara P.

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Love those mini albums -- great ideas!!! And that butterfly with the embossing is awesome :-) TFS!!! Huge hugs!!!

Molly said...

The mini albums are just adorable, Trish! ANd I love that layout...and now I think I have to buy the cuttlebug! LOL! I love that die!