Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Answering a few of your questions...

Wanted to tie up a few loose ends regarding some questions from you guys! Here is my camera--I shoot with a Canon EOS that I got from Best Buy in 2003. I got the extended warranty (it cost me $100) and I consider that a small price to pay for the type of insurance it provides. I once dropped a camera into the swimming pool by accident, and they replaced it--no questions asked. I also love that they clean my camera routinely, free of charge, and it is still covered up until this December--woo hoo! Love the camera and would recommend it without reservation...

I got the camera strap a while back on etsy from Kristie Denton. I love it! Even if I'm at a crop and there are a bunch of other cameras around, I can find mine easily with that pink strap...

I almost always shoot with a 50m 1.4 fixed lens in the aperture priority mode, and I have to remind myself to remember to use other ones. I'm going to get another new one soon, and I'll share when she arrives... I love this lens for the control it gives me with portraits, and for shooting in low light situations. For more photography tips, check out Karen Russell's blog under photography tips.

I know I will be disappointing a few of you, but I will not be including the "father" mini book in any upcoming kit (the one that is the companion to the "mother" mini book I did in the May Project Kit.) Sorry--I just couldn't squeeze it in. They are made by SEI, and if you look online, they shouldn't be too hard to find.

I will also be posting a whopping THREE Father's Day book ideas in the next week or so, for those of you who are so inspired. I've taught all three as classes in the past, each of which was successful. There is still time to squeeze it in!

I will be posting photos and a brief explanation of the special edition "I Wish" book in tomorrow's blog. The kits will be up for sale on the website tomorrow, too. So excited to share this one--it is a great little book to keep or to give to that special someone who has everything...I love those types of albums!

Stacy has this week's challenge over at Willow Traders, and it's on photographing details. Can't wait to dive in tomorrow on that concept!

Registration for the Fall Retreat at the Bertram Inn is still ongoing. I've received several deposits and registration forms, and I'm truly overwhelmed by the response so far! The event will not sell out--they are going to accommodate as many people as I allow to sign up--and I'm nearing double what my goal was at the start. If you are planning on attending, please be sure to send in your deposit along with the registration by June 15th, which is the deadline. I will post a class schedule at the end of June/beginning of July, and those will all be optional. I have at least 10 out-of-towners who have registered, and if anyone needs any more information, please email me at Turay413@gmail.com. I'll do my best to point you in the right direction!

The Main kit for June is officially sold out. I have 5 project kits left if you are still interested!

I am catching up on all my email, and by tomorrow should be even better. I do feel like I'm shoveling while it is snowing sometimes--but I also get such great feedback and support from you all out there that it gives me the energy to keep trucking along. THANK YOU for all the kind words and notes and ideas--I LOVE this job!!

Be back tomorrow with more...

Good night!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am one of the out of towners ....that is soooooo excited about going !!!! I can't wait!! Is it november yet?? :) I don't know if I can wait that long :D Thanks for everything Trish!!!

Ady said...

Me too...Me too...I can't wait to go...

jamie said...

trish...it is so great to hear how much you love what you do. it comes through everytime you post or send an email or talk about your kits. i think it's why i keep visiting. thanks for being a breath of fresh air in an otherwise busy and sometimes tiring life.
i hope you have another retreat at another time. i would love to come out and meet you and everyone else you call friend.