Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Use that stash

I've been in a cleaning out mood! Nothing is safe right now. I think it was a result of this post, and even though I don't have Andrea... I'm still motivated to use it or lose it!

Hi everyone Tina here and I thought I'd share with you one of my favorite things to do with some of my "not so favorite" papers when going through my stash.

Making boxes... they are easy to make, all you need is a square sheet of paper. For these boxes I used a full 12 x 12 sheet for each side of the box.

Fold your paper in half corner to corner going both directions
Then fold up each corner to the center point

then fold each corner to the farthest crease

now fold each corner to the closest crease
I used marker for more of a visual, you don't need to mark your paper
Cut up to the center four blocks on two opposite sides
fold over sides that were not cut
fold up side forming box frame and tuck cut piece over to hold box sides
with these boxes I used no adhesive

You can get creative and cut a whole in the center and add a protector to make it see through, but you will have to fold the final flaps under so as not to see.
These boxes take about 5 minutes to fold. Super fun and easy! Fill with candies, gift cards or whatever you want.


5 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

Adorable idea!

Trish said...

It has been a while since I've made these--thanks for the reminder!!

Julie said...

fabulous idea!!!

jamie said...

this is so great...i know i am going to want to use this...soon! goes into my gift file!!!
thanks, tina!

LisaNRoxy said...

Great idea - thanks for the inspiration!