Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Father's Day Mini

Every year, I try and whip something up for my husband for Father's Day, celebrating the former year. This year, I used the May Project Kit...

I wanted the album to be fun and sentimental and chunky. I wanted each page to be different from the next, and to stick with the red, black and chipboard elements...

I used a few punches, die cuts and a little ink. There is also a mix of corrugated board and transparencies thrown in for good measure...

This year, I also had each of our three children contribute to the book by writing their own notes to him. I love how that worked.

It flowed and came together in a few hours. I still want to add a ton more journaling to it, but basically it is complete.

I added a "What he calls us" page--he's big on nicknames. I'm also going to include a little "interview" I did with the kids. Their response was hilarious, and he'll appreciate that.

I know it is early, but it will be here before you know it. I hope you get the chance to make one for your Dad or husband--especially if you have a sentimental guy like mine.
BTW, if you're interested, I was able to whip up ONE more of these kits. You can email me at Turay413@gmail.com if you'd like me to send you a Paypal invoice. The kit is $25.

For a look at two older Father's Day albums of mine, you can look here and here.

Enjoy your day!!

6 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

WHAT a tribute album, how special, how very very special!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Love it! What a special gift and wonderful photos!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

love this! What a wonderful gift!

Damaris said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!
Hugs,
Me

jamie said...

what a great inspirational idea. love the idea of highlighting the previous year...this mini will now be haunting me!
~j

Julie said...

what a super cute mini!!!