Friday, July 23, 2010

Quickie Layout...

...with the August WIP Kit...
As soon as I saw the map paper, I knew I wanted to do a layout marking the places I've been. I used a simple pencil eraser and a cat's eye ink pad to make a "stamp" of sorts, marking all the places I've been to in the US. Here's how it turned out...
Journaling reads: My travels. So much to love. Still so much yet to see... Don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.

I decided to place a heart over our home using a sharpie. I may go back and write a few years in parentheses, randomly. Simple and finished in less than 30 minutes. A total record for me. Thanks for the inspiration, Jing-Jing!!

8 comments:

Laina Lamb said...

Dying here. Love this idea so much!

em said...

This is awesome!!! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

This is entirely too genius!!!

Katherine said...

Awesome idea! If you ever want to add an orange dot to Corpus Christi, Texas (right above the right corner of your journal strip on the Gulf Coast of Texas) you are welcome to stay with us! Just email! : )

Jewel said...

LOVE this! Was just at Archiver's and saw a cork board stamped with a USA map and push pins in different locations. My daughter thought it would be cool to do for our fammily to document our travels - I think I may have to "borrow" your idea instead. That way we have a scrapbook page once the kids are grown!

jamie said...

great great idea, ms. trish. love what you did with that. thanks so much for sharing.

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a cool idea. Seriously cool.

Candace H said...

Brilliant!!! ♥ it!