Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The First Annual Fall Retreat at the Bertram Inn


I spent last weekend with the best bunch of gals ever at the Bertram Inn for a big crop event.
These ladies are quite special. They not only were house guests of mine, but they helped pack and prepare me for the event! Vanessa, Ady and Damaris all flew up from Florida and meeting them in person was such a treat. Damaris and I got to spend a few days together (you all should check out her amazing talents here) and we shopped all over the place. What fun, sharing this hobby with friends!!
The group scrapped til the wee hours of the morning...
Saturday was our "pajama day" and we had the whole place to ourselves! The only man in sight was Greg, and he was at our beck and call. We love you, Greg!
The meals, the setting, the venue--it was all really something. That chocolate fountain was by far my favorite snack (but those brownies were tasty too...)

We offered 10 classes and several of them were sold out. I have listed the remaining kits on our WIP Etsy site and if you are interested, feel free to visit. The kits will come with email photographs and are very easy to complete.
I even got to take a class from my wonderful friend, Damaris! That Turkey Album is the cutest mini ever, and I can't wait to finish it up before next week. (Her Turkey Album can also be found here.)
Thanks to all of you who attended the classes or signed up for kits. It was a 9 month undertaking, but it was so successful that I have to do it again next year!!
I wasn't lying about Greg.
We laughed a lot. And cried some too. Then we laughed some more...
I met up with old friends and made a bunch of new ones too. It was good to see each and every one of you.
A very special thanks to our out-of-state gals from Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Jersey and Miami, Florida. I appreciate you taking the time to travel and I hope to see you again next year!! You gals are the best and I love you!

Thanks to all the special ladies who took the chance on coming to the First Annual Fall Retreat. I hope you had as much fun as I did!!

Have a super day...

10 comments:

jamie said...

next year's retreat is now officially on my birthday list!!!!

Anonymous said...

We had such a blast!! You did such a nice job, Trish!!

borcherding said...

That looks like a FABULOUS time!!! Thanks for sharing Trish (and making me green with jealousy!!)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Love your pictures! What an awesome weekend it was!

Damaris said...

Hi my friend: I had the best time ever. I met so many wonderful women that I feel truly blessed. Thanks for putting together such a great event. I'll see you next year.
hugs!!!!

Ady said...

Trish, I had the best time in Ohio with you. Your family is outstanding and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for opening your beautiful home for me. The retreat was spectacular and thank you for telling us about Perfectly Charming. What a wonderful store. I hope to be able to go again and spend time with all the wonderful women I met.

Laina Lamb said...

I'm already packed for next year!

Linda F. said...

Oh, Trish! It looks like so much fun! I hope I can make the next one.

AND, I got my kits today! They are so packed. Can't wait to have a chance to dive into them!

pickmepam said...

i had so, so much fun! the classes i took were awesome and the ladies from miami were a hoot! diamaris' class was way too cool! tim loved the albums, but i'm thinking he's going to like them more once there are pics in them!

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Trish, I had such an incredible time at the WIP Fall Retreat!!! I can't thank you enough for all you did... you planned an amazing event and you invited us into your home, which was such a treat. I love your family and your home is just beautiful!!! It's so warm and inviting :-) Love all your goodies. I'm so glad that Damaris and Ady agreed to go to Perfectly Charming with me, because it was an absolute blast. Thx for sharing this little secret with us! LOL! I hope to see you and all the wonderful ladies again soon... oh, and the snow was awesome... although I'm sure by now you guys have had enough, huh? Love ya!