Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's that time...

holday time, that is! Amy here, and I want to share some of my Christmas faves with ya!!!

First up, movies. OK, don't laugh, but I really love:





These are my fav holiday cookies:


Eggnog cookies:

1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cream sugar and butter until light. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.

Naughty or nice??? I can't answer that one...(:

I love my Jimmy Buffett holiday CD.

My fav holiday tradition is making a gingerbread house with my kiddos.

My least fav part of the holiday is packing everything back up. UGH!

I made this project this year that I just LOVE:


On my wishlist this year:

1. Nikon D90
2. Mac
3. clothes
4. clothes
5. clothes

but I won't get any of these, because I had to fix my ring which cost $2000, Merry Christmas to me. ):

My fav childhood holiday memory is of when I was 5 and I woke up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve and asked my mom if I could go see if Santa had come yet. She answere sure, then as I was walking down the hall realized what she had done and ran and grabbed me by my hair to stop me!

Here is our fam this year. Don't even ask how many pics I had to take to get just this one!


Happy Holidays!!

4 comments:

pickmepam said...

i love the childhood memory! cute banner. loved familyl man! and i can't tell you how many photos we took, and i still don't think any are keepers! ugh!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Cute family pic! Love your movie choices and your project is adorable!!!

Linda said...

Thanks so much for sharing the cookie recipe, it sounds delicious. Also your JOY banner is so beautiful.

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, I LOVE the Family Man. Makes me cry everytime. That and City of Angels are on my all-time favorite movies list. :D

Ooooo! EggNog Cookies! I love egg nog. I'm definitely going to have to try those!!!

Hey! Atleast you got a picture with all of you together! And it's so cute! For my Christmas card I had to do it filmstrip-style with a shot of each of us! LOL!

Merry Christmas!