Friday, November 12, 2010

Misting

Fan of Glimmer Mist? Spray inks are fun to play with. They are a great way to add a bit of color to backgrounds.  Get creative and use doilies or other shapes to create masks. Spray the ink over top for a collage effect on your next project.

I love being able to custom color my raw chipboard and have started to collect quite a few of the Tattered Angels glimmer mists. I love how evenly they cover the board without all of that goopy flat paint messs. My only problem? I don't always want that shimmer. My newest discovery is several "non" shimmer sprays that have actually been out on the market for quite some time. Those inventive stampers have been using these for years!

 Ranger Adirondack Spray - the 14 colors are awesome, it drys quickly and you get twice as much as Glimmer Mist for less. You can't go wrong. All the colors coordinate with other Adirondack products.
Walnut Ink - Tsukineko Walnut Ink Spray - WalnutWalnut Ink Spray works great on chipboard too. There are 8 different earthy colors to choose from. Find these at Joanns or Michaels in the stamp area.

Memories Mists have a higher price tag but do the job just the same. Over 24 colors and styles to choose from.

I also use these sprays to alter printed chipboard as well. You can peel off the top layer of printing to reveal the "raw" chipboard underneath. It's a great way combine leftover letters that do not match.

2 comments:

pickmepam said...

i never thought of peeling off the printed layer on the chipboard! thanks for the tip!

Trish said...

Great post, Laina! I know there are people out there who love mists...I am not one of them. But hey--after your tips, you make it seem more appealing! :)